For Tuesday, April 16, 2013
"L" Schedule Day
ACADEMIC PUSH PERIOD
· Visitors in the building today are from Putnam County Virtual School.
· Start making plans now to go to Market Square this Friday night, April 19, to support our own Nate Paul in the districtwide competition “CTE Goes Live!” It’s free and he needs to see familiar faces in the large crowd – let’s be there! See the ad at the bottom of announcements for details.
· Congratulations to the following students who were elected as officers for next year’s SGA:
o SGA Executive Board - President: Ben Smith, VP: Nick Barnard, Treasurer: Zane Joyeuse, Secretary: Rachel Pilkay
o Senior Class Reps - President: Ethan Kearns, VP: Megan Samples, Secretary: Noah Caldwell
o Junior Class Reps - President: Ayanna Troutman, VP: Dijon Andrews, Treasurer: Kimara Pruitt, Secretary: Rachel McGill
o Sophomore Class Reps - President: Alli Lapps, VP: Taylor Martin, Treasurer: Abigail Barker, Secretary: Isabel Richter
· Students it is time for you to get to recognize your teachers for the outstanding job they do every day. You will receive a link today to a Survey Monkey (different for each grade level) to nominate a teacher of the year. The survey will be open for 24 hours. Don’t miss your chance!
· Juniors don’t forget – you’ll have Open Campus again for this Wednesday’s lunch. Plan ahead!
Brown Bags: RSVP to Mr. Smith – you MUST email or check in with your Advisory teacher to attend any Brown Bag event. Attendance will be taken!
· Friday, April 19 – Chris Dager, UT, Topic: Asian Carp and their impact on our waterways
· ACT Question of the day http://www.act.org/qotd/
· Summer School info – applications available online now. Click on “guidance” tab on our website for more info.
· If you’re filling out testing or college paperwork, our school’s CEEB code is 431118. See Mrs. Salerno or the Guidance page on our web site for more.
· Chess Club meets on Wednesdays from 8:45 to 9:15 a.m. in the media center.
· Gryphon Studios, film club, on Thursday afternoons 4:45 – 6:00 PM, in Room 214 in the Station.
· Teens for Christ: Mondays from 8:45 – 9:15 in D113.
· Young Life: Wednesdays from 8:45 – 9:15 in the Mezzanine.
· Venture Club (STEM career post of scouting) meets Thursdays from 5:30 – 7:00 in room 202.
· Gay Straight Alliance (GSA) meets every Friday during 2nd lunch in room 222. This group is about spreading tolerance of diversity in all its forms - all are welcome.
· Peer study group meets every Tuesday from 5:00 – 7:30 at the Lawson McGhee library (downtown branch).
Quote of the day from Albert Einstein,
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism