For Monday, October 28, 2013
“N” Day Schedule
· Lost: a light grey string bag that is Nike. It has charges and clothes in it If found, return to office.
· National Honor Society (NHS) members will be coming around to each advisory on Monday and Tuesday. For a $3 donation, students can get a ticket to go Trunk or Treating from faculty in the parking lot during Advisory on Thursday, October 31.
· For a limited time only – PTSA has the following items available for order. Order forms are in the front office. You can see samples in the school bookstore:
o Charcoal Gray (the new UT gray color this year) Sweatpants with L&N down side: $25 ($27 xxlg)
o Charcoal Gray Hoodies with STEM logo: $25 ($27 xxlg)
o Tumblers: $12
o L&N STEM cling: $5
o L&N STEM magnet: $10
o Green and Gold Pom Poms (set of 2): $6
o Limited Ed. 2013-2014 LONG Sleeve T-shirts: $15
o L&N Temporary Tattoos: $3 for 10
Please send the following information with full payment (cash or check) in envelope addressed to PTSA to the office:
1.) Student Name and Year
2.) Your phone number and email address
3.) Items you are purchasing and SIZE(s)
4.) Check made out to L&N Stem PTSA
Please address all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Student athletes, robotics team, and students who have had 1st or 2nd honors at the end of a year since you’ve been at the L&N: we’ll have an informal meeting next Tuesday, Oct 29, from 4:30 – 6:30 for you and your parents to learn more about ordering the very first edition L&N letter jackets. There will be a sample to see and information about placing orders. We’ll have the information in the office for those who cannot attend.
Opportunities to be involved with your school:
· Girl Talk, room 214, Tuesdays at 8:45.
· Scholars bowl team practice Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4:35, room 207.
· Gryphon Film Club is having meetings again. We are meeting on Thursday afternoons from 4:45 to 6:00 in room 214.
· Gryphon Gaming Club, Fridays, from 8:45 – 9:15 in room D119. Emphasis is on video gaming, but all gamers are welcome!
· Health Environmental Issues Organization (HEIO) meets Wednesday mornings from 8:45 – 9:20 in D116.
· Teens for Christ meets Monday mornings at 9:00 in room D113. All are welcome.
· GSA (Gay Straight Alliance) meet 8:45 – 9:15 on Thursday mornings in room 222. All are welcome.
· Young Life meeting Thursdays at 8:43 in room D112.
College admissions/visits information:
College recruiter visits coming up. Please email Mrs. Johnson (email@example.com) if you want to attend.
Students applying to Governor's School: http://tn.gov/education/govschools/
Please note that the deadlines to submit completed applications to Mrs. Salerno are as follows: Governor's School for the ARTS: this Wednesday - October 30th, All Others: November 26th. This will ensure that your application can be submitted by the school in time to meet their final deadline. Late applications to Governor's School are not accepted!
Quote of the day from Vince Lombardi:
Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2012-13 TN Reward School