GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Tuesday, August 23, 2016 – “L” day
L&N Student Mission – #Own it!
· The elevator is currently out of order. It is being worked on, but please plan accordingly or contact our front office to make arrangements if you need it to move between floors.
· Heads up to drivers and parents – two upcoming changes to schedules/parking:
o Friday, Aug 26 – WFP Drive will have one lane closed in the afternoon. Do NOT park to wait along the Holiday Inn – it keeps buses from being able to reach our parking lot. Use an alternate pick up location!
o Thursday, Sept 1 (next week) – school will dismiss and buses will run at 12:45 p.m. Students who usually park in the Blackstock public lot need to pick up a parking pass from the front office for that day. You will not be allowed in the lot without one!
· Genius Hour assignments were sent to you via email at the end of yesterday. You should check to see where you’ve been placed. If your name is in GREEN, you did not fill out the Google form and were placed in that activity. The only requests to move that will be granted are those that come from teachers.
Community & Guidance Ops:
· PSAT registration is now open to all 9th-11th graders. We would like to have 100% participation for our 9th, 10th, and 11th graders, even if students have previously taken this exam. The registration form was emailed out to all students and is also available in the Guidance office. The fee is $20 and financial assistance is available--email email@example.com if needed. Registration deadline is September 9th. Registration forms and money can be turned in to Mrs. Johnson in Guidance.
· Looking for something interesting to do this weekend? Come to Market Square/Krutch Park from 11:00 – 5:00 for the Knox Asian Festival. Find out more about the activities on their website at http://www.knoxasianfestival.com .
· In-Home Tutoring will be hosting a Free Mock ACT on Saturday, August 27 at 9 a.m. for all Knox County students, at ITT tech. Students will get their results before they leave and will get to keep their tests for their review. Limited seating is available, so students need to pre-register to make sure they have a seat. This is a great practice opportunity before the September test. Sign-up directly from their website at www.KnoxvilleTutor.com
Quote of the day from Booker T. Washington:
You measure the size of the accomplishment by the obstacles you had to overcome to reach your goals.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Professionalism, Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Innovation, Inquiry, & Design
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, US News & World Report Gold Medal 2016, Newsweek’s Top 500 “Beating the Odds” school