GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Friday, February 19, 2016 – “N” classes
2015-16 L&N Student Mission – Own it!
· Don’t miss the 2nd Annual L&N Open Mic night – tonight! Come cheer on your friends – have free coffee, hot chocolate, and sweets. Donations will be accepted but the evening is about showcasing our amazing students’ talents! See the senior skit spoofing the faculty!
· Students are encouraged to practice your professionalism habit. This includes being where you’re supposed to be, when you’re supposed to be there, doing what you’re supposed to be doing. We’ve had several instances lately of students not practicing this – don’t make us have to discipline you. Make good choices!
· All Band, Orchestra, and Percussion Students: REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR CONCERT ATTIRE TO SCHOOL THIS MORNING. THIS IS FOR THE YEARBOOK PHOTO. ALL STUDENTS IN BAND, ORCHESTRA, AND PERCUSSION WILL HAVE THEIR PICTURE TAKEN TOGETHER. ALSO, PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR INSTRUMENT! Concert attire can be dropped off in the music room in the morning, before school. Please remember to take it home with you at 4:30!
· On Monday, March 7th, you can support our school and help the community (and so can your parents!) at our annual MEDIC Blood Drive. Here’s a link to sign up for your donation time:
There is a form you need to complete and bring with you on the day of donation. It is attached.
· Make plans to join us for a pancake breakfast fundraiser hosted by SGA on Saturday, March 5th, from 8:30 A.M. to 10 A.M. The fundraiser will be held at the Chili's restaurant located in North Knoxville at 6635 Clinton Highway. Tickets are $8 for adults and $4 for children 12 and under. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Great Starts program at the Helen Ross McNabb Center. Tickets can be purchased at the door or online at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pancake-breakfast-fundraiser-tickets-21053284942?aff=ebrowse. Bring your family and friends and help us give back to our community!
· Prom tickets for the Junior/Senior Prom are available for purchase during lunch. Single tickets are $50 and a couple tickets are $90 until February 29. After that there is another price increase - so get your tickets now!
Theme: A Red Carpet Romance Location: Gettysvue Country Club
Date: Saturday, April 23, 2016 Time: 7-11 pm
· Help the Senior Class raise money and plan on inviting everyone you know to the STEM Around the World event, Saturday, Feb 27, from 12:00 – 4:00. See the attached flyer for more info.
Community & Guidance Ops:
· Leadership Knoxville is seeking applicants for the 2016-17 Youth Leadership Class. Must be a current sophomore to be eligible. Find out more about the program at www.leadershipknoxville.com/programs-services/youth-leadership-knoxville. Email Mrs. Ashe if you’re interested in applying. Deadline is Friday, Feb 26th.
Quotes of the day from Nora Roberts:
If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward you’re always in the same place.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2015)