GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Monday, February 22, 2016 – “M” classes
Early Release Schedule
2015-16 L&N Student Mission – Own it!
· SENIORS: Deadline to file your FAFSA is TODAY! Failure to do so will make you ineligible to get scholarship money from TN Promise. Don’t leave money on the table because you missed it! See a counselor if you have questions.
· Traffic change! From today through March 18 – the north end section of Worlds Fair Park Drive between Broadway and Grand Ave will be closed for a KUB sewer project. Expect to be rerouted around this section of road!
· Don’t forget to return your course request sheet for next year to the office or guidance by tomorrow, Feb 23!
· Congratulations to our Science Olympiad team! Made up of all freshmen, they went to the regional competition on Saturday and came back with 10 medals! They won Robot Arm and Oceanography and excelled in engineering-heavy events. We’ll get a list of individual medal winners as soon as its finalized. Way to represent your school! #GryphonPride!
· STUDENTS: There's only 1 week left to get prom tickets at the current price and tickets are only on sale for 3 more weeks! Prom tickets for the Junior/Senior Prom are available for purchase during lunch. Single tickets are $50 and couple tickets are $90 until February 29! Don't wait! Prices increase in March!
Theme: A Red Carpet Romance Location: Gettysvue Country Club
Date: Saturday, April 23, 2016 Time: 7-11 pm
· SENIORS: There's only 3 weeks left to pay Senior Dues! Don't delay! Full dues are $140. See breakdown of price below. Don't forget your $25 Senior Fee. This is not included in the dues! Dues and Fees can be brought to Ms. Stanish or Mrs. Brown.
Senior Dues Breakdown: (fee waiver CANNOT be applied)
1) $50 Yearbook (discounted $20)
2) $40 Prom ticket (discounted $15)
3) $50 Senior Luncheon and 10 custom Thank you Cards
Senior Fees: (fee waiver CAN be applied)
$25 for diploma and diploma cover
· On Monday, March 7th, you can support our school and help the community (and so can your parents!) at our annual MEDIC Blood Drive. Here’s a link to sign up for your donation time:
There is a form you need to complete and bring with you on the day of donation. It is attached.
· Make plans to join us for a pancake breakfast fundraiser hosted by SGA on Saturday, March 5th, from 8:30 A.M. to 10 A.M. The fundraiser will be held at the Chili's restaurant located in North Knoxville at 6635 Clinton Highway. Tickets are $8 for adults and $4 for children 12 and under. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Great Starts program at the Helen Ross McNabb Center. Tickets can be purchased at the door or online at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pancake-breakfast-fundraiser-tickets-21053284942?aff=ebrowse. Bring your family and friends and help us give back to our community!
· Join us and help the Senior Class raise money and plan on inviting everyone you know to the STEM Around the World event, Saturday, Feb 27, from 12:00 – 4:00. See the attached flyer for more info.
Community & Guidance Ops:
· Leadership Knoxville is seeking applicants for the 2016-17 Youth Leadership Class. Must be a current sophomore to be eligible. Find out more about the program at www.leadershipknoxville.com/programs-services/youth-leadership-knoxville. Email Mrs. Ashe if you’re interested in applying. Deadline is Friday, Feb 26th.
Quotes of the day from poet Vaibhav Shah:
Whenever you see a successful person, you only see the public glories, never the private sacrifices to reach them.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2015)