GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Tuesday, May 10, 2016 – “L” classes
AP Government Exam
Senior L3 and L4 exams
2015-16 L&N Student Mission – Own it!
· This weekend everyone is invited to Baccalaureate, a non-denominational ceremony, recognizing graduates on Sunday, May 15, 3:00 p.m. at Church Street United Methodist Church. All are welcome!
· Make plans to come back to school tonight at 6:00 for Spring Awards! You never know when your name might be called and you can cheer on your classmates. Also – stick around for the announcement of PTSA Teachers and Support Person of the Year!
· The leadership class participated in a project to beautify our campus. Please notice the path and newly planted flowers in the outdoor classroom and the fresh mulch surrounding the flagpole area. The class also trimmed the bushes in front of the depot, planted flower seeds, and lay down a path to cross within the mulch. The leadership class would love it if everyone took notice of their hard work and used the new paths.
· Seniors don’t forget to return your exam half-day dismissal slips you received by email Friday ASAP!
· Congratulations to Erykah Carter who participated in and one 2nd runner up at the systemwide CTE Goes Live talent contest Friday night! What a great way to represent our school!
· Congratulations to Rory Glatt who won the District 2A-AA Boys Individual Tennis title on Friday! He now will move on to compete at sectionals!
· Congratulations to our Ultimate Frisbee team – they went to Murfreesboro for the state tournament this weekend and beat Blackmon High School (first KCS team to ever beat Blackmon) to win 3rd place in state! Way to go!
· Please take a few moments to go to the site below to vote for your favorite PSA created by our beginning broadcasting students:
· You’ve read the announcements, looked over the itinerary, and considered visiting New York City during Fall Break 2016—now is the time to commit to this trip! We have custom-designed this tour just for L&N students and parents. This all-inclusive tour comes at a very affordable price, totaling $1,052.00. The only money you will need on the trip will be for souvenirs and food on the bus. GOOD NEWS: You can reserve your spot on this trip for only $150.00! Registration and the $150 deposit is due by May 18.
Community & Guidance Ops:
· Local audition notice (also attached) for an outdoor summer production of William Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream". They are looking for high school aged actors, singer, and musicians. It's a great opportunity in addition to a great experience for local students. The attached flyer gives some brief information on when and where the auditions will be and the requirements for the actors, musicians, and singers. It also gives some details on when the actual performance of "A Midsummer Night's Dream" is for anyone who wants to come watch. If you or anyone else has questions you can contact Alex Drinnen at (865) 934-7754 or Jay Apking at (865) 599-6710.
Quote of the day from Henry Ford:
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction,
2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2015)