GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Thursday, May 12, 2016 – “L” classes
AP Statistics Exam
Senior L1 and L2 exams
2015-16 L&N Student Mission – Own it!
· From the Golden Gryphon branch of the Y-12 Credit Union –
Photography Contest Winners:
Grand Prize Winner - Ansley Parker
Front Desk Award - Alli Lapps
Bookstore Award - Kiara Blair
PTSA Award - Katie Lawson
Equality Club Award - Nick D'Alessandro
Golden Gryphon Awards - Kassidy Parish, Layla Abead, Lauren Morris, Ilana Blumenthal
Honorable Mention - Ansley Parker, Nick D'Alessandro
All winners should stop by the office to pick up your award. See their winning photos on display behind the bank counter in the Commons.
· The Gryphon Guide application is live! There are lots of opportunities within the organization to help serve your school. Email email@example.com with any questions. Apply here.
· Any student who is storing guitars or other non-band/orchestra equipment in the music room: You must be take your equipment home no later than this Friday (5/13). As we are now starting our inventory process, all student-owned equipment (guitars, amps, cases, etc.) must leave the school by the end of this week. Starting tomorrow, please do not bring any new instruments and store them in the music space. Thank you for your attention to this matter. Please email/see Mr. Gibson if you have any questions!
· This weekend everyone is invited to Baccalaureate, a non-denominational ceremony, recognizing graduates on Sunday, May 15, 3:00 p.m. at Church Street United Methodist Church. All are welcome!
· The leadership class participated in a project to beautify our campus. Please notice the path and newly planted flowers in the outdoor classroom and the fresh mulch surrounding the flagpole area. The class also trimmed the bushes in front of the depot, planted flower seeds, and lay down a path to cross within the mulch. The leadership class would love it if everyone took notice of their hard work and used the new paths.
· Seniors don’t forget to return your exam half-day dismissal slips you received by email Friday ASAP!
· Congratulations to Erykah Carter who participated in and won 2nd runner up at the systemwide CTE Goes Live talent contest Friday night! What a great way to represent our school!
· Congratulations to Rory Glatt who won the District 2A-AA Boys Individual Tennis title on Friday! He now will move on to compete at sectionals!
· Congratulations to our Ultimate Frisbee team – they went to Murfreesboro for the state tournament this weekend and beat Blackmon High School (first KCS team to ever beat Blackmon) to win 3rd place in state! Way to go!
· Please take a few moments to go to the site below to vote for your favorite PSA created by our beginning broadcasting students:
· You’ve read the announcements, looked over the itinerary, and considered visiting New York City during Fall Break 2016—now is the time to commit to this trip! We have custom-designed this tour just for L&N students and parents. This all-inclusive tour comes at a very affordable price, totaling $1,052.00. The only money you will need on the trip will be for souvenirs and food on the bus. GOOD NEWS: You can reserve your spot on this trip for only $150.00! Registration and the $150 deposit is due by May 18.
Community & Guidance Ops:
· Local audition notice (also attached) for an outdoor summer production of William Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream". They are looking for high school aged actors, singer, and musicians. It's a great opportunity in addition to a great experience for local students. The attached flyer gives some brief information on when and where the auditions will be and the requirements for the actors, musicians, and singers. It also gives some details on when the actual performance of "A Midsummer Night's Dream" is for anyone who wants to come watch. If you or anyone else has questions you can contact Alex Drinnen at (865) 934-7754 or Jay Apking at (865) 599-6710.
Quote of the day from Mark Twain:
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction,
2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2015)