GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Friday, November 4, 2016 – “N” day
L&N Student Mission – #Own it!
· The yearbook really needs your Fall Dance pictures!! If you have any pictures or videos from the dance AT ALL (excluding selfies), please email the original copies of the pictures/videos to Ms. Brown or email@example.com as soon as possible. Thank you for your help!
· Good luck to our Cross County runners who will be competing in the state championships this weekend in Murfreesboro! Run Gryphons Run!
· Note – Worlds Fair Park Drive will have one lane closed during afternoon pick up time on Friday to set up for this weekend’s Chili Cook-off. Please arrange an alternate location if you are picked up. Traffic will not be allowed to park in front of Holiday Inn to wait for you.
· Remember last week when you voted for President in Advisory? In our school, Hillary Clinton “won” with 40.8% of the vote (458 votes cast) vs Trump’s 32.8%. Well, now the results are in for the whole state of TN student mock election – across the state 165,968 votes were cast by students and if students decided the election, TN voted 53.1% for Donald Trump and 34.3% for Hillary Clinton. What do you think of those results?
· Gryphons are lucky people – congratulations to Rachel Magers, who won Erie Insurance’s recent contest at JointheShift.org for student drivers! She entered through our Driver’s Ed classes and won a $100 Amazon gift card. Woot woot!
· Teens for Christ meets Monday mornings at 8:45 in room D113. Come join us!
· You can support our PTSA by ordering gear from them this month only! See samples in the Media Center, or pass on this link to anyone shopping for you so they can shop online until Nov 28!
· Want to go into a STEM profession? Want to travel the world? Does going to places like Spain and Germany sound appealing to you? The Gryphon Global Studies Program is proud to offer not one, but two different trips to feed your wanderlust! For the first time in the Summer of 2018 we are participating in EF Tour’s Student Leadership Conference. The topic that year is “The Future of Technology” and includes a 12 day tour of Barcelona, Madrid, and Berlin. For those wanting a more relaxed experience, during the Fall of 2018 we are also offering a 9 day tour of Germany and the Alps. For more information please attend our interest meeting on Tuesday, November 15 at 5:30pm in the Commons. We can’t wait to see you there! Questions or concerns, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Be sure to follow @GlobalGryphons for more information!
Community & Guidance Ops:
· Women in Engineering: The University of Dayton (Ohio) sponsors an overnight event for female juniors and seniors on November 11. Parents can also attend a related program. More information is at go.udayton.edu/exploreengineering or in the Guidance office.
· Lincoln Memorial University Open House: LMU in Harrogate, TN is having an Open House on November 12, particularly showcasing their fine arts programs. Students and parents are welcome. More information is at lmunet.edu or in the Guidance office.
· Architecture Explorer Post: If you are interested in design and architecture, consider joining the Explorer Post sponsored by the East TN chapter of the American Institute of Architects. More information is in the Guidance office.
Quote of the day from Josiah Gilbert Holland:
Responsibility walks hand in hand with capacity and power.
In other words – be responsible and you will be rewarded with capacity and power to do more. Be where you’re supposed to be, doing what you’re supposed to be doing, when you’re supposed to be doing it!
Practice L&N Habits every day: Professionalism, Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Innovation, Inquiry, & Design
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, US News & World Report Gold Medal 2016, Newsweek’s Top 500 “Beating the Odds” school