GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Tuesday, February 14, 2017 – “L” day
L&N Student Mission – #Own it!
· And MORE Gryphons are headed to Governor’s Schools this summer. Shout outs and congrats to:
o Trinity Terry for joining Ben Boney at the Governor’s School for the Arts, and
o Anna Ward for getting into the Governor’s School for Scientific Exploration of TN Heritage and
o Nick Duncan accepted for the Governor’s School for Computational Physics!
Let us hear from you when you get your acceptance letters, please!
· BIG congrats to our STEM swim & dive team, which finished 4th place in the High School State Swim and Dive Championships (TISCA). There were over 100 teams represented at the meet.
L&N STEM State Champions:
o Jacob Siler - Men’s 1M Diving - Diver of the Year!
o Alex Hines – Men’s 200 Individual Medley and 100 Breaststroke
o Emily Bretscher – Women’s 1M Diving - Diver of the Year!
Other STEM state Finalists: Nick Cassell, Eddie Ceausu, Mike Cho, Daniel Eshleman, Sydney Goodman, Macy Hudson, Ethan Marsh, Abigail Rumpp , Ethan Sanders, and Lindsey Sanders. Way to go Gryphons! See the team (most of them) picture below!
· Girls – our school is taking a field trip to the "Introducing a Girl to Engineering" conference in Oak Ridge on Thursday February 23rd leaving around 11 and returning before the busses at 4:30. Only cost to participate is your lunch. Any girls that are interested just need to see or contact either Mrs. Signore or Mrs. Pariseau.
· The Gryphon Bookstore's hottest new item is an insulated travel mug. These stainless steel tumblers keep hot drinks hot and cold drinks cold.
Limited Supply - $9.00
· The yearbook still needs your baby pictures! Bring the hard copies into Ms. Brown as soon as possible and we will return them to you as soon as we’re done copying them. You can email the digital copies to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload them to the ReplayIt app. Thank you for your help
· Come join the fun at Open Mic Night on February 17th from 6pm- 9pm. The SGA encourages everyone to come out and support your peers as they perform. If you would like to sign up to perform, here is a link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0f49adac2ba7ff2-open. UPDATE: Everyone who wants perform needs to sign up by February 10th. Admission is free and you can buy treats to support the SGA! Hope to see you there!
· We are in the last month of yearbook sales! You have until Friday, February 24th to order yours for $70- after that, we MAY have a limited number of copies available for purchase on distribution day for $80, but order yours ASAP to make sure you get a copy!
Community & Guidance Ops:
· Girls – you are invited to expand your understanding of a career in Engineering at the 2nd Biennial WomEngineers Day at UT campus on April 22. Check out details and register (for free) at http://womengineersday.org .
Quote of the day from Napolean Hill:
If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Professionalism, Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Innovation, Inquiry, & Design
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, US News & World Report Gold Medal 2016, Newsweek’s Top 500 “Beating the Odds” school