For Monday, February 6, 2017 – “M” day
L&N Student Mission – #Own it!
Early Release Schedule
· Girls – our school is taking a field trip to the "Introducing a Girl to Engineering" conference in Oak Ridge on Thursday February 23rd leaving around 11 and returning before the busses at 4:30. Only cost to participate is your lunch. Any girls that are interested just need to see or contact either Mrs. Signore or Mrs. Pariseau.
· The Gryphon Bookstore's hottest new item is an insulated travel mug.
These stainless steel tumblers keep hot drinks hot and cold drinks cold.
Limited Supply - $9.00
· The yearbook still needs your baby pictures! Bring the hard copies into Ms. Brown as soon as possible and we will return them to you as soon as we’re done copying them. You can email the digital copies to email@example.com or upload them to the ReplayIt app. Thank you for your help
· Congratulations to Emma Fox (violin), Marcus Lee (bassoon), Connor McGinley (violin), Elliott Mills (violin), and Nick Brison (horn) for representing L&N at the All-State East Band & Orchestra clinic in Gatlinburg this weekend! Excellent concert performances by all of these students!
· Congratulations to this year's Ethics Bowl team for taking 2nd place in the 2017 Tennessee High School Ethics Bowl hosted by the UT Philosophy Department and UT Humanities Center this past Saturday! In a field of 13 teams, including Father Ryan of Nashville and Oakland High of Murfreesboro, L&N's team, consisting of Sonaz Jazny, Patrick Juhl, Alex Seaver, Connor Shields, Witt Spiller, and Bryce Lane, defeated Sequoyah, Pigeon Forge, West High, and Webb School to reach the championship. In the final match, the six judges reached a split decision and in the total points tie-breaker STEM narrowly missed victory 248 to 245. Considering that only one member of the team had any experience in Ethics Bowl, and only one senior, this was a very impressive performance by the Gryphons! L&N has now finished either 1st or 2nd in this event each of the last three years. Way to go team!
· FRUVED INFORMATIONAL MEETING Monday February 6th 3:30 - Commons - Cafeteria Area
Get Involved with FRUVED - Be an Advocate for Healthy Living!
Goals of FRUVED:
*Improve Dietary Intake
*Increase Physical Activity
*Improve Overall Stress Management Skills
Come by and see FRUVED during lunch February 6th on the Plaza!
Get involved in Research, Event Planning, Social Media and Culinary Arts events at STEM. Questions? Ask Dr. Bretscher
· Teens for Christ : Monday Mornings 8:50 in D113
· Come join the fun at Open Mic Night on February 17th from 6pm- 9pm. The SGA encourages everyone to come out and support your peers as they perform. If you would like to sign up to perform, here is a link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0f49adac2ba7ff2-open. UPDATE: Everyone who wants perform needs to sign up by February 10th. Admission if free and you can buy treats to support the SGA! Hope to see you there!
· We are in the last month of yearbook sales! You have until Friday, February 24th to order yours for $70- after that, we MAY have a limited number of copies available for purchase on distribution day for $80, but order yours ASAP to make sure you get a copy!
· Water Polo interest meeting, Monday, Feb 6, 3:30 p.m. in room 207.
· Prom Tickets are still on sale! Tickets are sold during all lunches on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. You can also see Mrs. Brown.
Community & Guidance Ops:
· Seniors: Did you see this tweet sent by our counselors over the weekend from Fastweb Scholarships? Click here to enter to win a $3k scholarship: ow.ly/wn2o307WPRU
Quote of the day from Oprah Winfrey:
I was raised to believe that excellence is the best deterrent to racism or sexism.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Professionalism, Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Innovation, Inquiry, & Design
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, US News & World Report Gold Medal 2016, Newsweek’s Top 500 “Beating the Odds” school