GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Friday, February 3, 2017 – “N” day
L&N Student Mission – #Own it!
· Congrats to our CyberPatriots team. They are in 2nd place of the Gold Tier across the state after the last round. Next round (regional) is today starting at 3:00 p.m. Wish them luck if you see them!
· The yearbook still needs your baby pictures! Bring the hard copies into Ms. Brown as soon as possible and we will return them to you as soon as we’re done copying them. You can email the digital copies to email@example.com or upload them to the ReplayIt app. Thank you for your help
· Thank you to all of those who participated in World Hijab Day. If you borrowed a scarf, please return in to the box at the Front Office to be returned to it's owner. Thank you again for an amazing display of empathy and support.
· Come join the fun at Open Mic Night on February 17th from 6pm- 9pm. The SGA encourages everyone to come out and support your peers as they perform. If you would like to sign up to perform, here is a link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0f49adac2ba7ff2-open. UPDATE: Everyone who wants perform needs to sign up by February 10th. Admission if free and you can buy treats to support the SGA! Hope to see you there!
· We are in the last month of yearbook sales! You have until Friday, February 24th to order yours for $70- after that, we MAY have a limited number of copies available for purchase on distribution day for $80, but order yours ASAP to make sure you get a copy!
· Get Involved with FRUVED - Be an Advocate for Healthy Living!
Goals of FRUVED:
*Improve Dietary Intake
*Increase Physical Activity
*Improve Overall Stress Management Skills
Come by and see FRUVED during lunch - Monday, January 31st/ February 6th on the Plaza! Get involved in Research, Event Planning, Social Media and Culinary Arts events at STEM.
FRUVED INFORMATIONAL MEETINGS:
o Wednesday February 1st 8:45 - 9:00 in the STEM Space
o Monday February 6th 3:30 - PE room
o Questions ask Dr. Bretscher
· The SGA Snow Ball is this weekend! This year's Winter Formal will be on Saturday, February 4th from 7-10pm in the Commons. Tickets will be sold in the Commons this week only, $8 for singles and $14 for doubles. Students are invited to wear formal attire and enjoy an evening in a Winter Wonderland.
· Water Polo interest meeting, Monday, Feb 6, 3:30 p.m. in room 207.
· Prom Tickets are still on sale! Tickets are sold during all lunches on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. You can also see Mrs. Brown.
Community & Guidance Ops:
· Seniors: Did you see this tweet sent by our counselors over the weekend from Fastweb Scholarships? Click here to enter to win a $3k scholarship: ow.ly/wn2o307WPRU
Quote of the day from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.:
Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Professionalism, Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Innovation, Inquiry, & Design
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, US News & World Report Gold Medal 2016, Newsweek’s Top 500 “Beating the Odds” school