GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Thursday, February 16, 2017 – “L” day
L&N Student Mission – #Own it!
· We’re proud to announce the Knox County PTA winners in the annual Reflections competition:
o Kate Jolly (1st place), and Nina Klein (2nd place) in Dance Choreography
o Mahogany James (1st), Cinna Lockhart (2nd) in Film Production
o Joanna Reed (1st), Philip Shaffer and Kendyl Nicely (Honorable Mention) in Photography
o Trinity Terry (1st), Abigail Rumpp (2nd), and Niquelle Mase (3rd) in Visual Art
o David Krepps – who won a Jablonski Family Memorial Scholarship for college!
· Come on out to February's SOPHMORE CLASS Social @ the Knoxville Ice Bears game on Saturday, February 25th at 7:30pm. We have been able to reserve an L&N section of seating, tickets will be sold starting tomorrow for $14. Ticket price includes a voucher for free hat! Please see a Sophomore class board member to get more information!
· Come join the fun at Open Mic Night on February 17th from 6pm- 9pm. The SGA encourages everyone to come out and support your peers as they perform. Admission is free and you can buy treats to support the SGA! Hope to see you there!
· And MORE Gryphons are headed to Governor’s Schools this summer. Shout outs and congrats to:
o Four students have been accepted to the Governor's School for the Arts: Lucy Drinnen (film), Trinity Terry (visual art), Ben Boney and Christina Varnes (both in music).
o Anna Ward for getting into the Governor’s School for Scientific Exploration of TN Heritage and
o Nick Duncan accepted for the Governor’s School for Computational Physics!
Let us hear from you when you get your acceptance letters, please!
· Blind Date with a Book is back! (Wednesday 2/15 to Tuesday 2/21)
Whether you had the perfect Valentine's Day or not, visit our school library for another opportunity to fall in love! Seriously, don't judge a book by its cover. Select a wrapped book by reading the personal ads attached to it. Stop by the library to see if you'll be lucky in love!
· What do Anne Hathaway, Barack Obama, Usher, Walter Payton and Tim Childers have in common? They sang in their high school choir! Any students interested in participating in a choir at L&N for the 2017-2018 school year should fill out this form to be added to an email list by February 28. https://goo.gl/forms/8ZCbp7Qz9kDz6zZG3 Auditions for Ensemble will be in March.
· The Gryphon Bookstore's hottest new item is an insulated travel mug.
These stainless steel tumblers keep hot drinks hot and cold drinks cold.
Limited Supply - $9.00
· The yearbook still needs your baby pictures! Bring the hard copies into Ms. Brown as soon as possible and we will return them to you as soon as we’re done copying them. You can email the digital copies to email@example.com or upload them to the ReplayIt app. Thank you for your help
· We are in the last month of yearbook sales! You have until Friday, February 24th to order yours for $70- after that, we MAY have a limited number of copies available for purchase on distribution day for $80, but order yours ASAP to make sure you get a copy!
Community & Guidance Ops:
· Girls – you are invited to expand your understanding of a career in Engineering at the 2nd Biennial WomEngineers Day at UT campus on April 22. Check out details and register (for free) at http://womengineersday.org .
Quote of the day from Albert Einstein:
I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. It’s because of them I’m doing it myself.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Professionalism, Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Innovation, Inquiry, & Design
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, US News & World Report Gold Medal 2016, Newsweek’s Top 500 “Beating the Odds” school