For Monday, January 14, 2013
"L" Schedule Day
· Students interested in being a morning announcer for the Pledge and moment of silence, please respond to Mrs. Ashe by email. Students will be assigned one week each to do the announcements.
· Learning Lab expands to 4 mornings a week, Tuesday – Friday, beginning at 8:00 each morning. If your grades weren’t where you want them to be – come for this quiet study time and get some extra help. Enter through the ramp-side door of the Depot.
· Model UN will meet Monday, Jan 14 at 8:45 in room 207. Check your emails for further details on the conference to Memphis and the countries we will represent.
· Next prom committee meeting is next Thursday, Jan 17 at 8:45 in room 221. Any sophomore or junior interested is welcome to attend!
· Order your yearbooks now! Click here for link. Cost will increase to $70 on Feb 1. Order now!
· Reminders: We made a mistake in the Enrichment stickers for the latest grades that were included in your report cards being mailed home. Anyone with a “C” did not get the sticker. On Tuesday, ALL students must check in with your Advisory teacher during Advisory time. If you earned the latest sticker you will have to show it before being dismissed from Advisory and if you didn’t get one, your Advisory teacher will have it. Early Release Wednesdays will begin on Feb 6.
· RSVP to Mr. Smith for Brown Bag chats. Everyone is always invited during lunch (bring yours with you) in the STEM Space in the Depot:
o Jan. 18 - Dr. Dave Clarke, UT Center for Transportation Research, High Speed Rail Technologies
o Jan. 25 - Chris Dager, UT Professor, Asian Carp, the Great Lakes and Transportation Impacts
· ACT Question of the day http://www.act.org/qotd/
· For students interested in law enforcement, the Knoxville Police Department Explorer Program will be holding orientations on January 14th and January 21st at 6:30 pm at 800 Howard Baker Jr. Avenue. Prospective recruits should bring a parent/guardian to one of the orientation sessions. Please visit the following website for more information:
· MTSU Honors College Open House--On Monday, February 18th, MTSU Honors College is hosting an Open House for interested students and parents on MTSU's campus. Please visit the following link for more information.
· The University of Tennessee will once again be hosting the College of Business Administration Business Education for Talented Students (BETS) Program June 13-22, 2013. Interested juniors can obtain more information on the program by visiting the Guidance page of STEM's website and looking under "Resources" at the bottom of the page. Please see Mrs. Salerno if you have any questions.
· Asian Culture & Language Club (ACLC): Wednesday during Enrichment in D223.
· Chess Club meets on Wednesdays from 8:45 to 9:15 a.m. in the media center.
· Gryphon Studios, film club, on Thursday afternoons 4:45 – 6:00 PM, in Room 214 in the Station.
Quote of the day: from Denis Waitley
There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism