For Friday, Feb 1, 2013
"N" Schedule Day
Enrichment/Sophomore Assembly Day
· Support National Women’s Hearth Health Awareness day and wear red, Friday, Feb 1. Girls – it is not too early to start being heart smart!
· Sophomore Assembly today during Adivsory – Spencer Joy, from Pellissippi State Community College, will be talking about Dual Enrollment opportunities and pathways for next year. ALL SOPHOMORES will go to your regular lunch but NO ENRICHMENT. During your regular scheduled Advisory time, you’ll go to the STEM space to hear this important speaker. Juniors are invited to attend if interested.
· Next Monday and Tuesday we will have guests in the building. They are evaluating us for the purpose of accreditation (so your diplomas will “count” when you apply to college). Please be the good hosts we know you to be. Feel free to speak if you are questioned and be on your best behavior. We will all benefit from your cooperation. Thank you!
· Encourage friends to get in their transfer application. The window closes on Feb 18. We will accept freshmen and sophomores (just a few) next year. They can learn more about us by attending Open House Monday, Feb 4, from 5:30 – 7:30.
· Water polo anyone? Interested in joining a newly-forming water polo club team? Email S045202@student.knoxschools.org for more info.
· Student has lost a brown box Monday in Mr.Woods room. It has a fist on the front and cards with a 20 sided dice inside. If found, please return to the front office.
· The yearbook staff is featuring throwback pictures, photographs taken before 9th grade, submitted by the students. This includes old sports photos, school pictures, summer pictures, and baby pictures. If you would like to be in the spread please submit your photos to S052215@student.knoxschools.org or S739964@student.knoxschools.org.
· What do you do to stay fit? Do you go to YMCA during gym? Do you play tennis? Do you rock climb? What kinds of interesting activities do you do stay fit? If you want to share your fitness activities and be featured in the yearbook, then email S039856@student.knoxschools.org or S022925@student.knoxschools.org .
· Order your yearbooks now! Click here for link. Cost will increase to $70 on Feb 1. Order now!
· There will be a mini College Fair at STEM on Thursday, Feb. 7th during Advisory in the STEM classroom. All 10th and 11th grade students will be attending the fair with their Advisory class. Representatives from area colleges and universities will be available to talk with students and provide information about the unique opportunities offered at their schools.
o Feb 8: Dr. Lou Qualls from ORNL, Nuclear Power in Space
o Feb 15: Dr Ian Anderson from ORNL
· ACT Question of the day http://www.act.org/qotd/
· MTSU Honors College Open House--On Monday, February 18th, MTSU Honors College is hosting an Open House for interested students and parents on MTSU's campus. Please visit the following link for more information.
· Asian Culture & Language Club (ACLC): Wednesday during Enrichment in D223.
· Chess Club meets on Wednesdays from 8:45 to 9:15 a.m. in the media center.
· Gryphon Studios, film club, on Thursday afternoons 4:45 – 6:00 PM, in Room 214 in the Station.
Quote of the day from Robert Collier:
All riches have their origin in mind. Wealth is in ideas – not money.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism