For Thursday, January 31, 2013
"L" Schedule Day
· Student has lost a brown box Monday in Mr.Woods room. It has a fist on the front and cards with a 20 sided dice inside. If found, please return to the front office.
· Five Gryphons from our band program were accepted into the KCS Honors Band program this year. This is a big deal to be selected from among all 14 high schools. They are: Alec Bissell – Euphonium, Donnie Carter – Bassoon, Faith Harris – Percussion, Nate Paul – Tuba, Sean Watkins – Trumpet
· The yearbook staff is featuring throwback pictures, photographs taken before 9th grade, submitted by the students. This includes old sports photos, school pictures, summer pictures, and baby pictures. If you would like to be in the spread please submit your photos to S052215@student.knoxschools.org or S739964@student.knoxschools.org.
· What do you do to stay fit? Do you go to YMCA during gym? Do you play tennis? Do you rock climb? What kinds of interesting activities do you do stay fit? If you want to share your fitness activities and be featured in the yearbook, then email S039856@student.knoxschools.org or S022925@student.knoxschools.org .
· New club team forming! Anyone interested in joining a new water polo team please email S045202@student.knoxschools.org for more info.
· Order your yearbooks now! Click here for link. Cost will increase to $70 on Feb 1. Order now!
· Prom is just around the corner this spring! First, the prom committee could use more help in planning – it’s not too late to join, next meeting is this Friday. Here’s a chance to shop for your prom dress and do some good. Fierce and Fancy Formals is an event that sponsors new and slightly worn promwear at a great price. It will be hosted at the Women’s basketball Hall of Fame on Feb 9 this year. Tickets can be purchased at the eventbrite site below and you can find more information on the facebook link. All proceeds from the dresses goes to “Outreach Haiti project.” See Mrs. Stewart if you have questions.
· There will be a mini College Fair at STEM on Thursday, Feb. 7th during Advisory in the STEM classroom. All 10th and 11th grade students will be attending the fair with their Advisory class. Representatives from area colleges and universities will be available to talk with students and provide information about the unique opportunities offered at their schools.
· Special Brown Bag this Friday – Spencer Joy, from Pellissippi State Community College, will be talking about Dual Enrollment opportunities and pathways for next year. ALL SOPHOMORES will go to your regular lunch but NO ENRICHMENT. During your regular scheduled Advisory time, you’ll go to the STEM space to hear this important speaker. Juniors are invited to listen if interested.
· ACT Question of the day http://www.act.org/qotd/
· MTSU Honors College Open House--On Monday, February 18th, MTSU Honors College is hosting an Open House for interested students and parents on MTSU's campus. Please visit the following link for more information.
· Asian Culture & Language Club (ACLC): Wednesday during Enrichment in D223.
· Chess Club meets on Wednesdays from 8:45 to 9:15 a.m. in the media center.
· Gryphon Studios, film club, on Thursday afternoons 4:45 – 6:00 PM, in Room 214 in the Station.
Quote of the day from Albert Schweitzer:
An optimist is a person who sees a green light everywhere, while the pessimist sees only the red stoplight. The truly wise person is colorblind.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism