For Tuesday, January 29, 2013
"L" Schedule Day
· In Advisory today you will take a survey that asks about what new electives you’d be interested in taking. Please take this seriously, not all classes will be offered and we’ll use your responses to choose which ones do. Your teachers will have instructions right before you take it.
· The yearbook staff is featuring throwback pictures, photographs taken before 9th grade, submitted by the students. This includes old sports photos, school pictures, summer pictures, and baby pictures. If you would like to be in the spread please submit your photos to S052215@student.knoxschools.org or S739964@student.knoxschools.org.
· We are so proud of our Aquatic Gryphons! The swim team made the front page sports section of the News Sentinel as the team had a great finish at the district meet. The entire team swam incredibly fast finishing 7th out of 36 overall. We really surprised a few teams that did not expect a second year team to score so well. Additionally, the boy's diving team outscored all other teams with thee divers (Paul Bretscher, Jared Heath, and John Alex Evans in the top five. Check out the article highlighting Alli Lapps and her two 1st place finishes.
· Order your yearbooks now! Click here for link. Cost will increase to $70 on Feb 1. Order now!
· Prom is just around the corner this spring! First, the prom committee could use more help in planning – it’s not too late to join, next meeting is XXXX. Here’s a chance to shop for your prom dress and do some good. Fierce and Fancy Formals is an event that sponsors new and slightly worn promwear at a great price. It will be hosted at the Women’s basketball Hall of Fame on Feb 9 this year. Tickets can be purchased at the eventbrite site below and you can find more information on the facebook link. All proceeds from the dresses goes to “Outreach Haiti project.” See Mrs. Stewart if you have questions.
· Special Brown Bag this Friday – Spencer Joy, from Pellissippi State Community College, will be talking about Dual Enrollment opportunities and pathways for next year. ALL SOPHOMORES will go to your regular lunch but NO ENRICHMENT. During your regular scheduled Advisory time, you’ll go to the STEM space to hear this important speaker. Juniors are invited to listen if interested.
· ACT Question of the day http://www.act.org/qotd/
· MTSU Honors College Open House--On Monday, February 18th, MTSU Honors College is hosting an Open House for interested students and parents on MTSU's campus. Please visit the following link for more information.
· Asian Culture & Language Club (ACLC): Wednesday during Enrichment in D223.
· Chess Club meets on Wednesdays from 8:45 to 9:15 a.m. in the media center.
· Gryphon Studios, film club, on Thursday afternoons 4:45 – 6:00 PM, in Room 214 in the Station.
Quote of the day from Josiah Gilbert Holland:
Responsibility walks hand in hand with capacity and power.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism