For Tuesday, January 22, 2013
"N" Schedule Day
· Gryphon Track Team (from Coach Pickle): We will have conditioning 1/22-1/25 4:50 -6:00. On days that we are not scheduled find a partner, swim, play basketball, ride a bike etc. Oh, and get your studies up to date. Conditioning at track at West HS begins Monday 1/28.
· Students interested in being a morning announcer for the Pledge and moment of silence, please respond to Mrs. Ashe by email. Students will be assigned one week each to do the announcements.
· Order your yearbooks now! Click here for link. Cost will increase to $70 on Feb 1. Order now!
· RSVP to Mr. Smith for Brown Bag chats. Everyone is always invited during lunch (bring yours with you) in the STEM Space in the Depot:
o Jan. 25 - Chris Dager, UT Professor, Asian Carp, the Great Lakes and Transportation Impacts
· ACT Question of the day http://www.act.org/qotd/
· MTSU Honors College Open House--On Monday, February 18th, MTSU Honors College is hosting an Open House for interested students and parents on MTSU's campus. Please visit the following link for more information.
· Asian Culture & Language Club (ACLC): Wednesday during Enrichment in D223.
· Chess Club meets on Wednesdays from 8:45 to 9:15 a.m. in the media center.
· Gryphon Studios, film club, on Thursday afternoons 4:45 – 6:00 PM, in Room 214 in the Station.
Quote of the day: from President Barack Obama’s 2nd Inaugural address on 1/21/13:
We cannot cede to other nations the technology that will power new jobs and new industries. We must claim its promise.
He is talking about the jobs we are preparing you for as STEM (critical) thinkers. Are you ready to claim the promise??!! What are you doing to prepare??
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism