For Wednesday, January 9, 2013
"N" Schedule Day
· For students interested in law enforcement, the Knoxville Police Department Explorer Program will be holding orientations on January 14th and January 21st at 6:30 pm at 800 Howard Baker Jr. Avenue. Prospective recruits should bring a parent/guardian to one of the orientation sessions. Please visit the following website for more information:
· Students interested in being a morning announcer for the Pledge and moment of silence, please sign up with Mrs. Ashe, Mr. Webster, or Mr. Childers at lunch today. Students will be assigned one week each to do the announcements.
· Learning Lab continues this week tomorrow and Friday morning. Beginning next week, 1/15, the Depot upstairs will be open from 8:00 – 9:15 for tutoring or make up work every day Tuesday – Friday for the rest of the semester.
· Congratulations to the L&N STEM Students who won in the Knox County Schools PTA Reflections Contests:
o Anna Tenpenny (Photography)
o Ryan Flint (Musical Composition)
o Morgan Abell (Magic of the Moment Video)
o Megan Samples (Dance Choreography)
o Jonathan Glenn (Visual Art)
o William Owen Sanders, Allie Marie Lapps, & Ben Croisdale (Safety Multimedia videos)
· The University of Tennessee will once again be hosting the College of Business Administration Business Education for Talented Students (BETS) Program June 13-22, 2013. Interested juniors can obtain more information on the program by visiting the Guidance page of STEM's website and looking under "Resources" at the bottom of the page. Please see Mrs. Salerno if you have any questions.
· Gryphon Studios will be having a special guest speaker this Thursday (1/10) from 4:45 PM till 6:00 PM. His name is Stephen Ballast, and he is a local filmmaker who will be showing one of his films, as well as speaking on indie filmmaking. If you are interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
· RSVP to Mr. Smith for Brown Bag chats. Everyone is always invited during lunch (bring yours with you) in the STEM Space in the Depot:
o Jan. 11 - Carl Wheeler, Electrical Engineering, an Electrical Engineer & Adjunct Professor at Pellissippi State CC
· Asian Culture & Language Club (ACLC): Wednesday during Enrichment in D223.
· Chess Club meets on Wednesdays from 8:45 to 9:15 a.m. in the media center.
· Gryphon Studios, film club, on Thursday afternoons 4:45 – 6:00 PM, in Room 214 in the Station.
Quote of the day: from Henry Ford
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism