For Tuesday, January 15, 2013
"N" Schedule Day
· Gryphon Track Team (from Coach Pickle): No conditioning at STEM 1/15 Tue, or 1/16 Wed. We will have conditioning 1/17 4:50-6:00. No conditioning at STEM 1/18 Fri or 1/21 Mon. We will have conditioning 1/22-1/25 4:50 -6:00. On days that we are not scheduled find a partner, swim, play basketball, ride a bike etc. Oh, and get your studies up to date. Conditioning at track at West HS begins Monday 1/28.
· Students interested in being a morning announcer for the Pledge and moment of silence, please respond to Mrs. Ashe by email. Students will be assigned one week each to do the announcements.
· Learning Lab expands to 4 mornings a week, Tuesday – Friday, beginning at 8:00 each morning. If your grades weren’t where you want them to be – come for this quiet study time and get some extra help. Enter through the ramp-side door of the Depot.
· Next prom committee meeting is next Thursday, Jan 17 at 8:45 in room 221. Any sophomore or junior interested is welcome to attend!
· Order your yearbooks now! Click here for link. Cost will increase to $70 on Feb 1. Order now!
· Today when you go to Advisory, if you earned the latest sticker you need to show it to your teacher and if you didn’t get one, your Advisory teacher will have it. Early Release Wednesdays will begin on Feb 6.
· RSVP to Mr. Smith for Brown Bag chats. Everyone is always invited during lunch (bring yours with you) in the STEM Space in the Depot:
o Jan. 18 - Dr. Dave Clarke, UT Center for Transportation Research, High Speed Rail Technologies
o Jan. 25 - Chris Dager, UT Professor, Asian Carp, the Great Lakes and Transportation Impacts
· ACT Question of the day http://www.act.org/qotd/
· For students interested in law enforcement, the Knoxville Police Department Explorer Program will be holding orientations on January 14th and January 21st at 6:30 pm at 800 Howard Baker Jr. Avenue. Prospective recruits should bring a parent/guardian to one of the orientation sessions. Please visit the following website for more information:
· MTSU Honors College Open House--On Monday, February 18th, MTSU Honors College is hosting an Open House for interested students and parents on MTSU's campus. Please visit the following link for more information.
· The University of Tennessee will once again be hosting the College of Business Administration Business Education for Talented Students (BETS) Program June 13-22, 2013. Interested juniors can obtain more information on the program by visiting the Guidance page of STEM's website and looking under "Resources" at the bottom of the page. Please see Mrs. Salerno if you have any questions.
· Asian Culture & Language Club (ACLC): Wednesday during Enrichment in D223.
· Chess Club meets on Wednesdays from 8:45 to 9:15 a.m. in the media center.
· Gryphon Studios, film club, on Thursday afternoons 4:45 – 6:00 PM, in Room 214 in the Station.
Quote of the day: from Oscar Wilde
It is what you read when you don’t have to that determines what you will be when you can’t help it.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism