GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Thursday, November 6, 2014
“N” Day Classes
· Your 1st period teacher today should be distributing information and an opt-out permission slip for the Veteran’s Day parade next Tuesday. You will walk with your Advisory class to a designated viewing site and return to school in time for lunch. This is not required and you or your parents may opt out of it. Those who do not go will remain supervised in the Commons Area for quiet study. Students will go to 1st period then to the parade. You will return to Genius Hour then 2 – 4th periods. Those with SOSE and DE need to adjust accordingly. A schedule for Tuesday is at the end of this briefing.
· FYI – if you use the pedestrian walkway over Henley St (like to go to the YMCA) it is closed while some work is being done in the area. We haven’t received word how long yet – just be extra cautious if you have to cross Henley St on the ground!
· The track team will hold conditioning practices on Wednesday and Thursday (11/5-6) at the depot from 4:45-5:45. If you plan on participating on the track team, you are encouraged to be there.
· Morning supervised make-up sessions – come to room 214 (changed from 203) in the Station from 8:00 – 9:15, every Wednesday and Friday morning for quiet study space or to make-up prearranged work for your classes.
· Attention Juniors: You may still register for the December ACT on your own through this Friday. All our vouchers for this test have been given out but we’ll have more for the administration in Jan/Feb.
· The eLemeNtal Literary Magazine: Access our e-publication here: http://www.lntole.com/featured-student.html Want to be featured or included in the next issue? Next issue’s theme is “Winter Wonderland”. Students are invited to submit their work to email@example.com
· The Knoxville Football Club (soccer) is proud to announce the inaugural “Crush 4K” that will take place this Saturday at Lakeshore Park. The aim of this race is to provide a great opportunity for our players, parents, friends, and the running community of Knoxville to support the Knoxville Football Club in their effort to promote fitness, a healthy lifestyle, and support this non-profit club in their goal of raising funds. For more information go to http://www.knoxvillefootballclub.org/home/837869.html
Quote of the day from Vaibhav Shah:
Whenever you see a successful person, you only see the public glories, never the private sacrifices to reach them.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2014)
Schedule for Veterans Day, Tuesday, Nov 11
9:30 – 10:25 1st block
10:30 meet with Advisories, walk to parade viewing site
12:19 – 1:41 Genius Hour – same schedule as usual
1:41 – 2:36 2nd block
2:41 – 3:36 3rd block
3:41 – 4:30 4th block