GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Thursday, November 20, 2014
“N” Day Classes
· Time to start ordering prom tickets! Order now to get the cheapest rate possible – tickets are $40 per ticket until the end of December. They will be available on Wednesdays during Genius Hour, and they will be sold at the door of the Media Center. In January the cost goes up. Get ‘em now!
· Want to be a published author? Want to discuss your ideas publicly? Submit a paper for the first annual STEMinar: a public forum to be held in February 2015. Write a paper on "Civil Disobedience in Life and Literature," and submit it to Mr. Blevins at email@example.com. Deadline for submissions is December 14th, 11:59 P.M. Ask any English teacher for more information!
· Congratulations to Brandon Boring, this year’s winner of the Metropolitan Drug Commission’s Community Champions Youth Leadership Award! This is given to a “rising star” in the area of substance abuse prevention who is seen as a teen trailblazer. Way to go Brandon!
· As you know, we’ve hosted many foreign students at the L&N. Here’s your chance to apply to study abroad for either a high school semester/year or summer! Learn more
Our PTSA is selling this vintage-L&N logo t-shirt as well as magnets and tumblers. Please click on the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6b7devh9ufbccb/Screenshot%202014-11-18%2010.13.10.png?dl=0 to access the order form. The first order will be placed Dec. 2, and the last order will be placed Dec. 16. If you pay with PayPal, your confirmation must be included on or attached to the order form.
· Lost: a cross necklace that is silver toned. Please return to office.
· Mark your calendars now – Thanksgiving menu for lunch in the cafeteria today, Nov 20! Menu will include turkey & gravy, dressing, ham, rolls, mashed potatoes with gravy, sweet potato casserole, corn, green beans, tossed salad, and pumpkin pie! They will also have pizza and chicken nuggets.
· Morning supervised make-up sessions – come to room 214 in the Station from 8:00 – 9:15, every Wednesday and Friday morning for quiet study space or to make-up prearranged work for your classes. Keep in mind that this grading period ends next Monday, Nov 17!
· ALL STUDENTS: Taking the December ACT? Want to increase your score? ACT and Test Prep is available! Cost: free! Where: Room 214 When: 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. Nov 17, 19, 24, Dec 1, 3, 8, and 10 (Mondays and Wednesdays). Email Ms. Norton at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Will be repeated with spring test dates!
· The eLemeNtal Literary Magazine: Access our e-publication here: http://www.lntole.com/featured-student.html Want to be featured or included in the next issue? Next issue’s theme is “Winter Wonderland”. Students are invited to submit their work to email@example.com
Quote of the day from Johann Wolfgang von Goethe:
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2014)