GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Thursday, November 13, 2014
“N” Day Classes
· On Friday, Nov 21, we’ll follow our ER schedule, but school will not be released/dismissed for everyone at 2:30. Instead, it will run like we did for the pep rally. Any student who has purchased a ticket for $3 to the Seniors v Faculty flag football game will be released to go watch the game. There will be concessions (drinks, chips, candy, burgers & dogs) for purchase at the game and it will run fro 2:45 – 4:25. Any student not purchasing a ticket will report to the Commons to stay until dismissal at 4:25. Tickets are on sale at all lunches everyday.
· Lost: a cross necklace that is silver toned. Please return to office.
· Did you take some photos of the school's float at the Veterans Day Parade? The robotics team would love to see them! If you have photos that you're willing to allow them to use, please send them to Josh Witt (firstname.lastname@example.org).
· Mark your calendars now – Thanksgiving menu for lunch in the cafeteria on Thursday, Nov 20 (a week from Thursday). Menu will include turkey & gravy, dressing, ham, rolls, mashed potatoes with gravy, sweet potato casserole, corn, green beans, tossed salad, and pumpkin pie! They will also have pizza and chicken nuggets.
· Morning supervised make-up sessions – come to room 214 in the Station from 8:00 – 9:15, every Wednesday and Friday morning for quiet study space or to make-up prearranged work for your classes. Keep in mind that this grading period ends next Monday, Nov 17!
· ALL STUDENTS: Taking the December ACT? Want to increase your score? ACT and Test Prep is available! Cost: free! Where: Room 214 When: 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. Nov 17, 19, 24, Dec 1, 3, 8, and 10 (Mondays and Wednesdays). Email Ms. Norton at email@example.com with any questions. Will be repeated with spring test dates!
· Attention Sophomores: PLAN test-information night tonight, from 5:30 – 6:30, in the Commons to learn what the scores tell us. Information also on the website.
· STUDENTS NEEDED TO HELP GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK on Saturday, November 22nd! Students, recent graduates, and their families are needed to participate in our next Student Volunteer Day! Parent/teacher participation is NOT REQUIRED for college & high school students. Please join us Saturday, November 22 for a bird monitoring project (RSVP for logistics)! There will be more Student Volunteer Day opportunities next spring! ALL INTERESTED PARTICIPANTS MUST RSVP PRIOR TO PARTICIPATION! This is needed to make an accurate count for tools, etc. Once we have received an RSVP, we will add you to our list, and then forward all participants any necessary logistical information about the Volunteer Day. Please contact Emily Guss ( Emily_Guss@nps.gov , 865-436-1713).
Projects include joining Park Rangers, scientists, and educators in collecting scientific field data such as salamander monitoring, tree identification and mapping, and water quality assessments or participating in a service project such as trail building, stream restoration, and clean-ups. Projects usually last 3-4 hours. These Student Volunteer Days can be counted as community service hours!
All students must have filled out the Volunteer Agreement Form prior to participation! If student is under 18, a parent/guardian must sign the form! These forms only need to be filled out once, even if participating in multiple events. If needed, please request form when contacting for reservation.
· The eLemeNtal Literary Magazine: Access our e-publication here: http://www.lntole.com/featured-student.html Want to be featured or included in the next issue? Next issue’s theme is “Winter Wonderland”. Students are invited to submit their work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Quote of the day from Charles Swindoll:
Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2014)