GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Wednesday, November 5, 2014
“L” Day Classes
· The track team will hold conditioning practices on Wednesday and Thursday (11/5-6) at the depot from 4:45-5:45. If you plan on participating on the track team, you are encouraged to be there.
· Thank to SGA for sponsoring a successful Spirit Week 2014! Seniors won the week’s competitions with the most points collected. Thanks to all students and teachers who participated in dress up days and other activities – it was a terrific reminder of why it’s great to be a Gryphon! We look forward to returning to “normal” this week with no hats inside the buildings or other dress code distractions from learning.
· Congratulations to our Girls Cross County team who finished 12th in the state at Saturday’s state championships in Nashville! Way to represent in your first time at the “big show” girls!
· Interested in a future career in cyber security, wireless communications, and networking? The Women in STEM group here at the L&N is excited to announce our second guest speaker our brown bag series this year — Dr. Stella Sun, Assistant Professor from the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at UT! All students are welcome join us for her talk and Q&A session during Wednesday’s Genius Hour in Rm202 during 2nd/3rd lunch (eat 1st lunch). A sign-in sheet will be provided so that you are counted for Genius Hour attendance.
· Attention Juniors: Please stop by Guidance's ACT Table in the Commons during lunch/Genius Hour this Wednesday and Thursday to pick up your voucher to sign up for upcoming ACT dates! Friday, November 7th is the deadline for the next (December) test date, so please don't delay!
· The eLemeNtal Literary Magazine: Access our e-publication here: http://www.lntole.com/featured-student.html Want to be featured or included in the next issue? Next issue’s theme is “Winter Wonderland”. Students are invited to submit their work to email@example.com
· The Knoxville Football Club (soccer) is proud to announce the inaugural “Crush 4K” that will take place this Saturday at Lakeshore Park. The aim of this race is to provide a great opportunity for our players, parents, friends, and the running community of Knoxville to support the Knoxville Football Club in their effort to promote fitness, a healthy lifestyle, and support this non-profit club in their goal of raising funds. For more information go to http://www.knoxvillefootballclub.org/home/837869.html
Quote of the day from Winston Churchill:
Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2014)