GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Tuesday, March 10, 2015
“L” Day Classes
· Don’t forget Medic is here today for blood drive it is now located in room G006. You must have PRIOR teacher permission to go down to donate. If you normally have a class that meets today in room G006, see at the bottom for where you’re meeting today.
· More survey opportunities! Please help a student researcher collect data about student perceptions on unemployment. Take the two surveys here: Part 1 and Part 2 . Thanks!
· What a big weekend for L&N teams of all sorts! Congrats to:
o TSA Team: They competed in the state championships in Murfreesboro – Big kudos to the whole team, but especially to Chloe Armstrong for 2nd place in Desktop publishing, Anna Kate Tenpenny for 1st place in Photographic technology, and team victories with 1st place in music production, 3rd place in Structural design and engineering, 2nd place Debating technology issues, and 3rd place Chapter Team. Extra special congrats to Preston Nicely for being elected to state office as TSA Reporter!
o National History Day participants – we had 50 participants who made a great showing. Award winners were: Noah Smith – Best use of primary sources, Jeremiah Branson, Justin Cross, Noah Dunlap, and Noah Watson – Best project on a topic of East TN History AND 2nd place Group Exhibit, Taylor Flores, Madison Jackson, and Molly Miller – 1st place Group Exhibit, Hannah Kearns, Amanda Peebles, and Emma Talley – 2nd place Group Website, Hyatt Christenberry, Brooke Foster, Sydney Goodman, and Rachel Magers – 2nd place Group Documentary. Way to go!!
o Ultimate Frisbee Team for playing in the finals at the Deep Freeze tournament in Chattanooga
o Scholar’s Bowl team – placed 7th among teams at the Bobcat Challenge in Oak Ridge this weekend. Well done to our young team of Caitlin Hutchinson, Jacob Samar (placed individually at 6th place for points per game out of 40 students), Kishan Tailor, and Isaiah Talford. Good showing team!
· Time to order your AP exams! See the attachment to register for AP exams. Note all registration and payment is due by March 24!
· Freshmen – the last group to take the writing assessment is this morning! See schedule and rooms below.
· Attention juniors and seniors: buy your PROM TICKETS before you leave for spring break this Thursday in order to be able to receive a prom favor!
· One day ACT prep workshop – April 11. See attached flyer – registration deadline is April 4.
· High school summer abroad programs available with scholarships to offset the costs. Go to www.ciee.org/high-school-summer-abroad for info.
Quote of the day from Bob Marley:
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2014)
9th grade writing assessment schedule and room adjustments:
Tuesday, March 10--1st block (students report directly to testing rooms)
Jones' L1 to Media Center (for testing)
Mobley’s L1 to room 202
Tuesday, 2nd block (students report directly to testing rooms)
Jones' L2 (Last Names: Sutton-Yeatts) to Media Center – testing
Jones' L2 (Last Names: Archer-Spiller) to 104 – for testing
Mangone’s L2 to room 213
Fannon’s L3 to Commons
Knox’s L4 to Commons