GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Wednesday, March 11, 2015
“N” Day Classes
· Today 3rd period we’ll be administering the National Latin Exam for Latin II and III students who registered in the Commons. If this is you, please report directly to the Commons after Genius Hour. All others be advised the Commons will be closed to traffic and noise from 2:00 – 3:00.
· Special note about Genius Hour tomorrow, Thursday: We need to meet in Advisory classes instead of Genius Hour. We have some business to take care of that needs to be done in Advisory Groups. Students need to remember that you receive a .25 credit for Advisory each year to equal 1 full credit towards graduation electives. The only requirement to earn the credit is to attend and participate while there. Failure to report to your Advisory is a class cut and will be subject to further discipline.
· BOSS Big Orange Symposium: This is a chance for students interested in science, technology, engineering and math career fields to experience hands-on scientific research skills. Saturday, April 18, 2015 from 10am - 3pm in the Hodges Library at UTK. Registration closes Wednesday, April 15. http://www.lib.utk.edu/outreach/soil/b-o-s-s/registration/
Lunch will be provided. Parents are encouraged to attend as they also have a parent session with speakers from UT Admissions, Housing, Safety, and more.
· Some other student researchers are collecting data on consumer preference for chicken at popular restaurants. Click here to help them by taking the survey! Thank you for your participation – the data is helping your classmates have real data to use in statistics class studies!
· More survey opportunities! Please help a student researcher collect data about student perceptions on unemployment. Take the two surveys here: Part 1 and Part 2 . Thanks!
· Time to order your AP exams! See the attachment to register for AP exams. Note all registration and payment is due by March 24!
· Attention juniors and seniors: buy your PROM TICKETS before you leave for spring break this Thursday in order to be able to receive a prom favor!
· One day ACT prep workshop – April 11. See attached flyer – registration deadline is April 4.
· High school summer abroad programs available with scholarships to offset the costs. Go to www.ciee.org/high-school-summer-abroad for info.
Quote of the day from Albert Einstein:
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2014)