GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Tuesday, March 3, 2015
“L” Day Classes
· Over our snow break some students were still busy representing the L&N - Five students (Alec Bissell, Bailey Morgan, Kishan Tailor, Jacob Samar, and Jacob Siler) competed in the Tennessee Science Bowl at the Blount County Campus of Pellissippi State Community College last Saturday, 2/28. The team went 5-1 in the preliminary round, qualifying them for the tournament round where they were narrowly defeated by Ravenwood. In their first year of competition, our Science Bowl team placed among the top 30% of teams from across the state!
· Time to order your AP exams! See the attachment to register for AP exams. Note all registration and payment is due by March 24!
Icky Places in School! Survey
We are conducting this survey to gather your opinion on where YOU think the most grotesque area in the school is. Please take a moment, and choose your answer truthfully.
· Please help out some students doing research by taking this short survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/826X9KM
· Freshmen – its your turn to show us what you know about writing! Wednesday and Thursday we will be administering the MIST Writing Assessment to all Freshmen. See schedule at bottom of announcements.
· Attention juniors and seniors: there's only two weeks to purchase prom tickets. They are $50 for singles, and $90 for couples. The tickets can be purchased during all lunches on Wednesday. You only have until March 6 to buy both your prom ticket and pay your senior dues!
· High school summer abroad programs available with scholarships to offset the costs. Go to www.ciee.org/high-school-summer-abroad for info.
Quote of the day from Ronald Reagan:
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2014)
9th grade writing assessment schedule:
Wednesday, March 4--1st block (students report directly to testing rooms)
Jones' N1 to Media Center
Cartwright's N1 to Media Center
Cartwright's N2 to 104
Displaced Classes: Webb's N1 to Room 202
Norton's N2 to Room 213
Wednesday, March 4--3rd block (students report directly to testing rooms after Genius Hour)
Norton's N3 to Media Center
Jones' N4 to 104
Displaced Classes: Sera's N3 Digital Music class to Room 213
Wilsey's N4 Astronomy to Room 207
Thursday, March 5--1st block (students report directly to testing rooms)
Jones' L1 to Media Center
Jones' L2 (Last Names: Sutton-Yeatts) to Media Center
Jones' L2 (Last Names: Archer-Spiller) to 10