GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Monday, March 23, 2015
“N” Day Classes
· You will be receiving an email from Mr. Childers with your Genius Hour schedule for this last 9 weeks. These assignments begin TODAY! Also, there will be no changes in these assignments – time is too short! Remember, skipping Genius Hour is the same as a class cut – when we catch you – and we do – you’ll face disciplinary action.
· With the return of warm weather also comes the return of flag football! If you’re someone who enjoys playing football, likes being active, or simply needs something to do after school on Fridays, flag football is perfect for you. Students of all skill levels and experience are welcome. Games will be played every Friday on the World’s Fair Park lawn from 4:45 PM - 6:30 PM. The season will last from Friday, March 27 through Friday, May 15, but players are not required to attend every game. It is absolutely free to play, and all materials/equipment will be provided.
If you would like to play, please complete the following Google Form:
http://goo.gl/forms/y3A8nu0izf. All interested players must complete this form ASAP. It’s going to be a great season-- don’t miss out on it! For more info, email email@example.com.
· Calling all writers: We are pleased to announce that registration is now open for the 22nd Annual Brian M. Conley Young Writers' Institute. The YWI is planned for Saturday, April 18th, from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the UT-Knoxville campus. The YWI is a free, one-day event that offers creative writing workshops for both high school students and their teachers. We hope you will help us make this year's YWI successful by encouraging your students and fellow teachers to attend. Classes offered include Poetry; Fiction; Screenwriting; Songwriting;Performance Poetry; Journalism; and Blogging. If you are interested, email Ms. Cartwright at firstname.lastname@example.org with your top 3 choices. The last day to register is April 3rd.
· BOSS Big Orange Symposium: This is a chance for students interested in science, technology, engineering and math career fields to experience hands-on scientific research skills. Saturday, April 18, 2015 from 10am - 3pm in the Hodges Library at UTK. Registration closes Wednesday, April 15. http://www.lib.utk.edu/outreach/soil/b-o-s-s/registration/
Lunch will be provided. Parents are encouraged to attend as they also have a parent session with speakers from UT Admissions, Housing, Safety, and more.
· Time to order your AP exams! See the attachment to register for AP exams. Note all registration and payment is due by March 24! That’s TOMORROW!
· One day ACT prep workshop – April 11. See attached flyer – registration deadline is April 4.
· High school summer abroad programs available with scholarships to offset the costs. Go to www.ciee.org/high-school-summer-abroad for info.
Quote of the day from Mark Twain:
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2014)