GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Friday, March 6, 2015
“N” Day Classes
One hour delay schedule
· Delay schedule is at the end of these announcements. Note there is no Advisory today, you will eat lunch with your 2nd period teacher.
· Time to order your AP exams! See the attachment to register for AP exams. Note all registration and payment is due by March 24!
Icky Places in School! Survey
We are conducting this survey to gather your opinion on where YOU think the most grotesque area in the school is. Please take a moment, and choose your answer truthfully.
· Please help out some students doing research by taking this short survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/826X9KM
· Freshmen – the last group to take the writing assessment (if you haven’t taken it yet) will take their exams according to the schedule below on Tuesday, March 10 (next Tuesday morning).
· Seniors – new pick up date and time for senior supplies is Friday, March 6, from 3:00 – 4:30 in the Commons. You’ll also be voting for senior superlatives – make plans to be here!
· Good luck to our TSA team – headed to Murfreesboro today to compete over the next three days. Best wishes to all competitors and sponsors Mr. LaFollette and Ms. Cartwright!
· L&N STEM Medic Blood Drive: Students, parents and teachers, plan to "give the gift of life" and participate in the Medic Blood Drive on Tuesday, March 10th from 9 to 3 in the STEM Space. Students 16 and over are eligible to participate. If you're 16 and 120 lbs you may donate with parental consent. (Please use the form attached or come pick one up from Ms. Ellis in the Media Center.) Seventeen year olds that weigh 110 lbs or more may participate as well and DO NOT need consent. EVERYONE donating blood must have ID with them as well as a list of medications if appropriate. Please encourage your parents to contribute as well during our blood drive. Go here to sign up to donate!
· Attention juniors and seniors: there's only two weeks to purchase prom tickets. They are $50 for singles, and $90 for couples. The tickets can be purchased during all lunches on Wednesday. You only have until March 6 to buy both your prom ticket and pay your senior dues!
· One day ACT prep workshop – April 11. See attached flyer – registration deadline is April 4.
· High school summer abroad programs available with scholarships to offset the costs. Go to www.ciee.org/high-school-summer-abroad for info.
Quote of the day from Dean Karnazes:
The human body has limitations. The human spirit is boundless.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2014)
TODAY’S SCHEDULE – NO ADVISORY
1st block 10:30 – 11:45
2nd block 11:50 – 1:50 (lunch embedded)
* Stanish’s 2nd block will meet in room 104
1st lunch 12:20 – 12:50
2nd lunch 12:50 – 1:20
3rd lunch 1:20 – 1:50
3rd block 1:55 – 3:10
4th block 3:15 – 4:30
Here’s the lunch schedule:
1st lunch: 12:20– 12:50
Blevins, Brown, Fannon, Jones, Cartwright, Norton, Jorgenson, Napier
2nd lunch: 12:50– 1:20
Robbins, Griggs, Stanish, Smith, Crattie, Mangone, LaFollette
3rd lunch: 1:20– 1:50
Webb, Knox, Orrick, Elliott, Hawkins, Ogden
9th grade writing assessment schedule:
Tuesday, March 10--1st block (students report directly to testing rooms)
Jones' L1 to Media Center
Jones' L2 (Last Names: Sutton-Yeatts) to Media Center
Jones' L2 (Last Names: Archer-Spiller) to 104