GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Tuesday, April 26, 2016 – “L” classes
2015-16 L&N Student Mission – Own it!
· Heads up to students who drive – this Thursday, 4/28, students will need to park either on campus (with tags) or in the Blackstock lot. The KMA and corner Grand parking lot are being reserved for an event at the Foundry. Thank you for being a good downtown neighbor and planning ahead!
· Congrats to our Tennis Team members! District 2A-AA Boys player of the year: Rory Glatt, District Rookie of the year: Walker Lee, All District: Rory Glatt & Walker Lee, All District Girls : Sonya Edwards & Armani Hall
District Boys Coach of the year: Geoff Duggan
· Updated Gryphon Photography Contest: submit images to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment or send a Dropbox link for large files. Deadline extended to midnight Wednesday, April 27th. Photos must reflect student life or our campus/extended campus to be eligible for prizes.
· Students be advised – there is way too much garbage at the end of third lunch around the grounds and near the Veterans’ Memorial. This is your only warning, there will be no second chance. Clean it up or Spikeball (in particular) will be discontinued through the end of the year.
· *STEM shirts are now available! This shirt was designed by STEM student Jessica Motto and is available as a short sleeve, long sleeve or hoodie. Long sleeve and hoodie orders will be available for pickup in the beginning of May. (ptsalnstem.weebly.com/fundraiser)
Community & Guidance Ops:
· The Pellissippi Magnolia Campus is having an Open House this Thursday, April 28 from 5:00-7:30 pm. Take a tour, meet faculty, get information about programs/resources, enter a drawing for $250 scholarship.
· What: A week-long opportunity to learn about materials science and materials characterization through hands-on studies provided by CNS Y-12 National Security Complex, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and Oak Ridge National Lab.
When: June 6-10, 2016
Time: Monday-Thursday, 9 am-4 pm and Friday, 9 am-12 noon
Where: The University of Tennessee Knoxville.
Cost: FREE Class size limited to 20 students.
Theme: Whodunit? Forensics in Materials and Engineering.
Register: Registration required. Deadline is May 2, 2016. To get registration form, visit us on the web at http://www.engr.utk.edu/mse/
Questions: Dr. Claudia Rawn, email@example.com or Elizabeth Ferguson, firstname.lastname@example.org or 865-974-9245
Quote of the day from Albert Einstein:
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2015)