GRYPHON MISSION BRIEFING
For Wednesday, April 27, 2016 – “N” classes
2015-16 L&N Student Mission – Own it!
· Heads up to students who drive – this Thursday, 4/28, students will need to park either on campus (with tags) or in the Blackstock lot. The KMA and corner Grand parking lot are being reserved for an event at the Foundry. Thank you for being a good downtown neighbor and planning ahead!
· Congrats to our Tennis Team members! District 2A-AA Boys player of the year: Rory Glatt, District Rookie of the year: Walker Lee, All District: Rory Glatt & Walker Lee, All District Girls : Sonya Edwards & Armani Hall
District Boys Coach of the year: Geoff Duggan
· Updated Gryphon Photography Contest: submit images to email@example.com as an attachment or send a Dropbox link for large files. Deadline extended to midnight Wednesday, April 27th. Photos must reflect student life or our campus/extended campus to be eligible for prizes.
· *STEM shirts are now available! This shirt was designed by STEM student Jessica Motto and is available as a short sleeve, long sleeve or hoodie. Long sleeve and hoodie orders will be available for pickup in the beginning of May. (ptsalnstem.weebly.com/fundraiser)
Special announcement from Cafeteria:
With less than 25 school days left in this school year, ordering the items you enjoy gets a little more difficult. We apologize in advance for fewer choices or if we run out of your favorite item. It’s an unfortunate part of this time of year.
We wish you all a safe & happy summer and look forward to serving you next school year. If you’re a senior, congratulations!! Best wishes for a bright & wonderful future!
Your Cafeteria Staff,
Renee, Melissa, Stephanie & Kristine
Community & Guidance Ops:
· The Pellissippi Magnolia Campus is having an Open House this Thursday, April 28 from 5:00-7:30 pm. Take a tour, meet faculty, get information about programs/resources, enter a drawing for $250 scholarship.
· What: A week-long opportunity to learn about materials science and materials characterization through hands-on studies provided by CNS Y-12 National Security Complex, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and Oak Ridge National Lab.
When: June 6-10, 2016
Time: Monday-Thursday, 9 am-4 pm and Friday, 9 am-12 noon
Where: The University of Tennessee Knoxville.
Cost: FREE Class size limited to 20 students.
Theme: Whodunit? Forensics in Materials and Engineering.
Register: Registration required. Deadline is May 2, 2016. To get registration form, visit us on the web at http://www.engr.utk.edu/mse/
Questions: Dr. Claudia Rawn, firstname.lastname@example.org or Elizabeth Ferguson, email@example.com or 865-974-9245
Quote of the day from William James:
Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.
Practice L&N Habits every day: Collaboration, Critical thinking, Design, Innovation, Inquiry, & Professionalism
L&N STEM Academy – TN’s First Apple School of Distinction, 2-time TN Reward School for Performance (2012 – 2015)